In recent years, eCulture has been one of the fastest growing sectors in the economy, making the use of modern information technology, such as web-based systems, a necessity.
The systems used for the organization, storage and documentation of digital assets are known as Digital Asset Management Systems.
Based on the "Preserve forever and share with all" principle, such systems provide the infrastructure needed for the digital preservation and the presentation of digital cultural assets through the internet.
Citron2DAM is a complete Digital Asset Management System, which counts a significant number of installations in some of the biggest cultural organizations in Greece, such as Museums, Theaters, Libraries and Festivals.
When combined with the Citron2CMS and the eCulture module, Citron2DAM's repository can be presented through a website, including text, photos, and videos.
Our digital culture solution encompasses the following characteristics:
- Ability to manage multiple collections
- Ability to document each collection separately through the use of customizable data sheets
- Separate entities for artifacts and their associated media (photo, video, sound, etc.)
- Dynamic definition of media versions
- Multilingual thesaurus based on ISO 5964
- Event management (transfer of collection to other museums, maintenance, etc.)
- Automatic presentation of content in the internet using a web extension module
- Ability to present photos (tiff, jpeg, gif. bmp, png, etc.)
- Ability to present videos (mpeg, wmv, avi, flv, etc.)
- Ability to present sound (mp3)
- Ability to present document files (word, excel, pdf, etc.)
- Ability to present 3D objects in vrml format using the VRML Cortona Player
- Built in integration with Citron2CMS eBusiness platform for the development of eCulture portals
- Configurable security policy based on dynamic roles, groups, access levels and priviledges
- State-of-the art interoperability layer in terms of tranforming annotation to formats according to internation standards such as CIDOC / CRM, MuseumDat, Europeana Harvesting Model etc.
Send us an email at [email protected] if you want your specific digital culture or archiving problem solved with a tailor-made Citron2DAM and Citron2CMS eCulture solution!