Content Management System and eCommerce Engine is a powerful, propriatery and commercial Content Management System (CMS) platform for the development of web-based applications in order to create, maintain and publish content on the Web.
takes into consideration the following important values in software development:
Extendibility: the ease with which a system or component can be modified to increase its storage or functional capacity [IEEE 90]
Flexibility: the ease with which a system or component can be modified for use in applications or environments other than those for which it was specifically designed [IEEE 90]
Maintainability: the ease with which a software system or component can be modified to correct faults, improve performance, or other attributes, or adapt to a changed environment [IEEE 90]
Interoperability: the ability of two or more systems or components to exchange information and to use the information that has been exchanged [IEEE 90]
Usability: the ease with which a user can learn to operate, prepare inputs for, and interpret outputs of a system or component [IEEE 90]
Content Management System offers all the above features plus it extends the content authoring, targeting and delivery to new global frontiers, beating its competitors with features such as:
- Multiple Sites offers centralized content management and delivery to a company or an organization either on a-per-site basis or grouped under the “umbrella” of a holding -subsidiaries organization.
- Multiple Locales offers content targeting to multiple user groups, most commonly seen by geographical classification (continents, countries, multinational area subsidiaries, etc.)
- Multiple Languages using UNICODE in the user interface strings as well as in data themselves allows the site visitor to navigate using his favorite language. His! Whatever that one is.
- Multiple Domains offers the ability to maintain multiple sites by a company or an organization, each site operating under its own domain name and having its own entry point, while using only one installation.
The platform’s modular architecture as well as its versatile pricing is suitable for a vast range of companies and organizations in different economic areas as well as the government sector and it can be used for the following types of applications:
- Corporate Portals
- Product Catalog Applications
- eCommerce (B2B & B2C) Applications
- eGovernment Applications
- eCulture Applications
- Intranets and Extranets
platform is developed, extended and supported by Altanet SA and is free of extra licenses other than its own. This fact, along with its many installations in public and private sector, makes the Citron2
CMS platform one of the most reliable and cost-effective eBusiness solutions.